10,5 Kilometer entfernt in Istanbul
31,4 Kilometer entfernt in Istanbul
31,5 Kilometer entfernt in Istanbul
34,6 Kilometer entfernt in Istanbul
35,2 Kilometer entfernt in Istanbul
36,5 Kilometer entfernt in Istanbul
36,9 Kilometer entfernt in Istanbul
37,1 Kilometer entfernt in Istanbul
48,7 Kilometer entfernt in Istanbul
Motto: "World Class University"
* Wide choice of undergraduate and graduate programs in English and Turkish
* Leader in University-Business Cooperation
* International connections with study abroad and dual degree opportunities
* Campus University with Residence Halls, Student Center and sports facilities
* Member of the European Higher Education Area
* Internationally recognized diplomas
* Safe, affordable and welcoming country
* Study in Istanbul: business, finance, arts and culture capital of Turkey, modern city with rich ancient history
* Cosmopolitan city bridging the East and the West
Founded in 1999, Okan University is one of the Turkeys most dynamic universities with a student body of 8000 students. It offers 53 undergraduate programs, 28 graduate programs and 8 Ph.D. programs under 6 faculties, 2 graduate institutions, schools of applied sciences and health sciences.
Okan University contributes to the development of knowledge both nationally and internationally with its high quality education, accredited programs and its research centers. In close cooperation with various business sectors, the university has developed curricula and internships programs for its students to enhance their employability skills.
True to its motto, The University Closest to the World of Business, Okan University effectively combines theory and practice by employing distinguished academic staff and inviting expert professionals to lecture to prepare students for successful careers.
Besides the main campus on the Asian part of Istanbul, with the modern faculty building, residence halls and social facilities, Okan University has three other campuses in the central locations of the city.
* The Council of Higher Education, Turkey
* The Recognition Committee of non-Jordanian Institutions of Higher Education and Equating Degrees in Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
* Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
* Career Services: Career Office offers internship opportunities, on-campus work programs and alumni activities.
* Study Facilities & Libraries: online search catalog and continuously growing e-journal and e-book data bases, the main library on Tuzla campus supports students in their learning. The library has a computer lab, study rooms and late closing hours for the convenience of students.
* Okan Psychological Counseling and Education Center: Psychological counselors at this center provide individual advising to students to help them deal with any academic, emotional or social problems they may experience.
* Medical Facilities: The university operates a free medical clinic for students with a 7/24 principle.
* Residence Halls: Accommodation for 1000 students in four fully equipped Residence Halls is offered inside the main campus. Students can choose to stay in single, double or four-person rooms. The dormitories have study halls, TV rooms and a medical center. Restaurants and cafeterias serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Laundry and cleaning services are also provided.
* Sports Center: This complex includes a semi-olympic size swimming pool, an indoor basketball and voleyball court, a fitness center equipped with state-of-the art equipment and martial arts rooms. Also available are outdoor basketball, voleyball and tennis courts, mini golf and a football field. Okan University has many sports teams in many disciplines.
* Social Center: Inside the center there arefood courts with restaurants and coffee shops serving hot food and snacks all day. Special meal packages are available for the purchase of students.
Social and cultural activities are considered integral parts of education at Okan University. Students are encouraged to take part in social, cultural and sports activities through the Student Clubs. Some examples of current Student Clubs are Dance Club, Photography Club, Aikido Club, Motor Sports Club and Social Responsibility Club. Regular trips to historical sites and touristic regions are organized by the Tourism Club. Okan Spring Festival is organized every year by student organizations.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Bachelor's degree at Okan University!